KSER Voice of the Community
KSER Voice of the Community Award 2013
The KSER Voice of the Community Award recognizes local individuals, organizations and businesses that speak up to raise awareness about community or cultural concerns with positive results.
As a forum for diverse community voices and views, KSER is proud to sponsor the KSER Voice of the Community Award.
Award recipients are recognized annually at the KSER Voice of the Community Award Celebration. This year’s celebration will be October 19, 2013. Location and ticket sales will be announced by end of May.
If you’re interested in supporting the Voice of the Community Award Celebration as a sponsor, contact KSER Development Director Shayne Kraemer at 425-303-9070.
2013 AWARD GUIDELINES
• You can nominate an individual, organization or business that has positively affected residents within the KSER coverage area (primarily Snohomish and Island counties, north King County, and portions of Jefferson and Skagit counties).
• Positive results should have either a community or cultural impact in one or more of the following focus areas:
o Cultural impact: arts and entertainment, enrichment, educational or building cultural awareness
• Not eligible:
o KSER employees or regular volunteers
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 5 p.m., July 1, 2013.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION
Please complete all questions and provide specific examples of how your nominee has made a cultural or community impact by speaking up and taking action. If you tell a complete story, we have a better understanding of the nominee. You may send additional documentation or include links to websites and online articles.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We will acknowledge when we receive your application within five business days of it arriving in our mailbox, inbox or through an online submission. If you don’t receive an acknowledgement, contact us at Voice@kser.org.
• Online: Click the Apply Now button below.
• By email: Click here to print a copy of the nomination form. Complete the form and send it as an attachment via e-mail to Voice@kser.org.
• By mail: Click here to print a copy of the nomination form. Complete the form and mail it to KSER Voice of the Community Award, 2623 Wetmore Ave., Everett, WA 98201.