KSER Voice of the Community
The annual KSER Voice of the Community Award recognizes local individuals, organizations and businesses that speak up to raise awareness about community or cultural concerns with positive results. Award recipients will be recognized at the KSER Voice of the Community Award Celebration 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on October 18, 2016 at Tulalip Resort Casino.
• You can nominate an individual, organization or business that has positively affected residents within the KSER coverage area (primarily Snohomish and Island counties, north King County, and portions of Jefferson and Skagit counties).
• Positive results should have either a community or cultural impact in one or more of the following focus areas:
o Community impact: social, environmental, educational, civic engagement
o Cultural impact: arts and entertainment, enrichment, educational or building cultural awareness
• Not eligible:
o KSER employees or regular volunteers
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 5 p.m., August 1, 2016.
• Online: Go to www.kser.org and select Voice of the Community Award.
• By email: Complete this form and send it as an attachment via e-mail to Voice@kser.org.
• By mail: Complete this form and mail it to KSER Voice of the Community Award, 2623 Wetmore Ave., Everett, WA 98201.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We will acknowledge when we receive your application within five business days of it arriving in our mailbox, inbox or through an online submission. If you don’t receive an acknowledgement, contact us at Voice@kser.org.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION
Please complete all questions and provide specific examples of how your nominee has made a cultural or community impact by speaking up and taking action. If you tell a complete story, we have a better understanding of the nominee. You may send additional documentation or include links to websites and online articles.
90.7 KSER-FM is an independent public radio station in Everett, WA, providing the north Puget Sound with local news, information and a wide range of cultural, educational and music programs. KSER is listener-supported, commercial-free and is dedicated to advancing the common good in our community through public radio and other services dedicated to arts, ideas and civic engagement. As a forum for diverse voices and views in Snohomish and Island counties, KSER is proud to sponsor the annual Voice of the Community Award. More information: www.kser.org.